Tuesday 13 September 2011

Angola's Leila Lopes crowned Miss Universe 2011 Photos & Details

Leila Lopes, 25, from Angola, was crowned Miss Universe, beating out 88 competitors. In a brunette-dominated field of flat-stomached, leggy contestants, Lopes' sweet smile and hairstyle (up in a topknot, not long cascading curls) set her apart from the start. Lopes celebrated her win on stage during the live broadcast on NBC from Sao Paulo, Brazil.

When asked if she could change any physical characteristic, what she would change, Lopes responded, "Thank God, I am very well satisfied with the way that God created me and I wouldn't change a thing." "I've worked with various social causes. I work with poor kids, I work in the fight against HIV. I work to protect the elderly and I have to do everything that my country needs," she said.

"I think now as Miss Universe I will be able to do much more."


Vasuki is also a state level basketball player and a trained dancer. After the top 10 list of finalists was announced Vasuki tweeted "sorry. if I upset many. I did give it my best shot. may the most deserving girl win.." The first runner-up of Monday night’s biggest pageant was Miss Ukraine Olesia Stefanko and she is 23-years old—meanwhile 25-year-old Priscila Machado of Brazil was second runner-up

0 comments:

Post a Comment